11 August 2009

Chilli's Going Well




I got a packet of chilli seeds free with a gardening magazine earlier this year and from the picture assumed they were normal chilli's. But now they have started growing I can see they aren't the normal size anyway they are massive! I think the variety is called capsicum I will definitely be growing them again next year. Sorry about the darkness of the photo's too I will have to use flash next time I photograph them in that room.



You can see one of my Satan's kiss chilli plants above two, some of these have ripened and they are very hot though small, hotter than the medium hot they are billed as on most other places on line in my opinion anyway. Apparently the Italians serve them baked stuffed with mozzarella and anchovies, can't wait till I have enough ripe at once to do that. I'm also getting a lot of tomatoes now too so I'm hoping to make a nice tomato and chilli sauce soon as we get through bottles of the shop bought stuff.

4 comments:

Mister Scott said...

wow... they look great. we have tried outdoor chili's this year and have met with little success given the bizarre (cool) weather. continued success and cheers!

globalwarming said...

hello friend nice post,and very good blog,thanks for sharing!!!

Marlene Affeld said...

Great chili plant - you have a very "green thumb" - wishing you continued success in your gardening efforts. How hot is this pepper when baked.

Think With Your Taste Buds - Chicken said...

I can't believe you got these to grow inside. I'll have to try that.